Immuta Accelerates Secure Access to Sensitive Government Data Sets
Immuta today announced a partnership with government consultancy LMI that enables the development of analytics environments the U.S. Department of Defense (DoD) can use to strengthen decision making around weapons system readiness and sustainment.
The Immuta Automated Data Governance Platform is an essential component of an integrated data analytics platform designed and managed by LMI for the Office of the Secretary of Defense. The Maintenance and Availability Data Warehouse (MADW) contains availability, cost, inventory, and transactional data on nearly every DoD weapons system and readiness reportable piece of equipment—more than one billion maintenance records from 46 authoritative data systems. The integration of availability, cost, inventory, maintenance, and supply data makes numerous analyses available to leaders across the DoD enterprise.
Key benefits delivered to LMI and its customers include:
- Self-service Data Access and Control with Powerful Security and Oversight: The Immuta platform provides data analysts with granular, dynamic control of whom is accessing data and for what purpose. Users don’t need to copy data or write a single line of code.
- Demonstrate Data Compliance: Immuta plays a critical role in defining and enforcing data policies in real time—it’s the only platform that automatically applies pertinent regulations on data prior to access, ensuring sensitive information is protected.
- Faster Results: With Immuta layered on information sources, data scientists receive immediate, compliant access to data, enabling faster analyses. Predictive insights reach DoD leaders much sooner, enhancing their ability to address critical military readiness challenges.
“Partnering with Immuta has enabled data scientists to leverage government data in compliance with appropriate governance regulations and privacy safeguards more quickly. Given the size of these data sets, Immuta has been a force multiplier in accelerating the delivery of insight to LMI’s clients,” said Joseph Norton, Ph.D., LMI’s director of data visualization and product development. “We value our partnership with Immuta and look forward to our clients reaping the benefits.”
“The speed, scale, and complexity of the modern world requires machine automation to augment human processes and support making decisions. It can provide mission-critical insight that humans alone could not have found or at least could not have discovered in the timeframe necessary. This is especially true for our military and the agencies governing our defense,” said Matthew Carroll, CEO, Immuta. “We’re proud to work with LMI to ensure the compliant and ethical use of data in the development of analytic environments that improve the stature and readiness of the U.S. military.”
- For more information on Immuta’s platform, please visit www.immuta.com.
- Click here to request an Immuta demo.
- Follow our blog, and join the conversation on Twitter, LinkedIn, and Vimeo.
LMI is a consultancy dedicated to improving the business of government, drawing from deep expertise in advanced analytics, digital services, logistics, and management advisory services. Established as a private, not-for-profit organization in 1961, LMI is a trusted third party to federal civilian and defense agencies, free of commercial and political bias. Headquartered in Tysons, VA, LMI has 1,400 employees nationwide. Learn more at lmi.org.