Data Security for
Snowflake Data Cloud
The Immuta Data Security Platform provides peace of mind for Snowflake users through end-to-end data security and access control. With Immuta, customers can discover sensitive data, secure it with dynamic, attribute-based policies, and detect risky user behavior.Talk to sales
Accelerate and simplify operations with 93x fewer data policies
Improve data security
Improve data security across hundreds of thousands of tables
Unlock data’s value
Unlock data’s value with 100x faster
access to data
Snowflake and Immuta’s partnership is reimagining what’s possible with data, helping joint customers create new revenue streams and collaborate across the data economy while maintaining security and governance standards.
Discover and Classify Sensitive Data
- Centralize data policy management
- Leverage Snowflake APIs to ingest Snowflake object tags
- Enrich user metadata and tag sensitive data like PII
- Monitor for schema and user changes
- Easily tag data with external information
- Use Snowflake lineage for tag propagation
Secure Data with Dynamic Controls
- Integrate with or without Snowflake Governance primitive controls
- Apply row access and column masking policies directly to Snowflake tables
- Enforce attribute-based access controls via views that contain policy logic
- Apply multiple policies to each table
- Write policies in plain language or as-code
- Reduce policy complexity
- Leverage privacy enhancing technology (PETs)
Monitor Activity and Detect Threats
- Get timely insights into Snowflake data access and user activity
- Receive anomaly indicators for faster analysis
- Enable proactive risk remediation
- Understand sensitivity level and risk profile
- Generate audit reports to prove compliance
- Provide policy version and change auditing
Data Access Control
Immuta leverages the built-in Snowflake controls to apply granular attribute-based controls across Snowflake. And, those same policies that are centrally managed in Immuta can be applied to data in other cloud data platforms as well, enabling consistent and universal data security.
Secure Data Sharing & Business Intelligence
When it comes to data sharing, most controls protect only the raw data but not production-level data. Immuta enables enterprise data sharing through its Projects, permission equalization, masking techniques, and data fingerprinting.
Data Governance for Data Mesh
A data mesh can support several analytical and operational use cases across multiple domains or data products. For Snowflake customers leveraging data mesh, Immuta decentralizes governance, simplifies data product ownership, and enables scalable data access.
We chose Immuta because it met our requirements and was capable of handling the complexity and scalability of our operations.
Snowflake and Immuta have a Product to Product relationship where our respective product roadmaps are tightly aligned. Immuta is a leader in delivering integrations with new Snowflake data governance capabilities.
Immuta ensures that we don’t get distracted from our core mission. As a market-leading product, Immuta gives us the easiest, shortest, safest path to do exactly what our customers need.
How do you automatically secure access to the ever-increasing data in your organization? Two words – consistency and centralization. Immuta’s platform enables consistent policy enforcement through a simple and highly-scalable centralized access control plane.
Immuta’s automated, integrated approach to data access control brings fine-grained data security to Snowflake customers who deal with large amounts of sensitive data.
Immuta is the go-to technology to implement our vision of an internal ‘Data & Analytics Marketplace’, enabling full transparency on the relevant data assets with secure and compliant data access.