"If you consider the expression of complex data governance policies, you may have to create many permutations of grants in any given system to secure that data based on the business rules defined in the policy. Immuta gives you the ability to model these complex policy statements and apply them at scale powered by Unity Catalog."
Immuta + Databricks Unity Catalog
Immuta is the first Data Security Platform to natively and fully integrate with Databricks Unity Catalog to secure workloads on the Databricks Lakehouse Platform. Immuta enables customers to secure their data at scale on Databricks so that joint customers can unlock more value from their data.Request a Demo
Manage 93x fewer data policies while also improving transparency
Improve data security
Granular security across hundreds of thousands of Databricks tables
Unlock data’s value
100x faster data access to data in Databricks – all with less risk
- Row filtering and column masking requires coding complex SQL functions
- Policy authors must be technical
- Managing changing policy requirements is challenging (editing SQL statements)
- Limited data monitoring and risk remediation
- No sensitive data discovery and classification
- Complex to delegate policy ownership for data mesh
- Simple policy authoring
- Policy authors can be non-technical
- Manage complex policy rules with no code
- Proactive data monitoring and risk remediation
- Sensitive data discovery and dynamic classification
- Empowers delegation of policy ownership for data mesh
Leverage Unity Catalog's foundational APIs
- Utilize Unity Catalog APIs to monitor schema and user changes
- Enrich user metadata by discovering and tagging sensitive data
- Automatically infer additional information about data and tag it with external information
- Leverage Unity Catalog lineage for tag propagation
Orchestrate complex policy logic for access control
- Manage and enforce dynamic attribute-based access control policies
- Reflect policies as native Unity Catalog controls, including grants, revokes, row-level security, and column masking
- Grant access permission based on various attributes about data, users, and purpose
- Scale policies with ease and flexibility
Add monitoring and risk remediation capabilities
- Enable comprehensive data monitoring capabilities
- Receive audit logs of user queries, policy enforcement, Spark plan, and backing storage
- Manage policy version and change auditing
- Generate compliance reports and user access summaries
As a company with over a million clients doing payroll for millions of people, ADP processes a large amount of data. Databricks helps us to manage that data and Immuta plays an important role in administering security and access control. As we look to innovate with new products and implement a multi-cloud strategy, we must treat the data properly – it must be governed.
Unity Catalog aims to provide unified search and governance for customers’ data, analytics, and AI initiatives, and Immuta’s data security platform continues to play a key role in meeting users’ compliance and privacy needs. Now, joint customers can leverage the latest Unity Catalog features through an even more simplified process of securing and governing data and AI assets across multiple clouds.
This strategic decision is enabling us to drive business innovation, improve data-driven decision making, reduce costs, and enhance the customer experience, while mitigating risk and adhering to compliance and regulatory standards.
Databricks opens up many opportunities for self-service data analytics, data science, and enterprise reporting. Paired with Immuta, we can make all our data available to all types of business analysts, data scientists and data engineers.
Unity plus Immuta allows Immuta to focus on what they do best: management of the intent-based policies and scalable policy orchestration, things that Unity is not ever going to do.