Boston, MA, December 10, 2020 – Immuta, the automated data governance company, today announced the availability of new features for its Automated Data Governance platform including new, native integrations with Starburst Presto and Presto. By natively supporting popular cloud data platforms, Immuta now provides a single, powerful solution for data teams to automate cloud data access control, discovery and classification, and privacy protection–significantly improving productivity, unlocking more data for more data consumers, and minimizing the risk of data leaks or breaches. The new integrations with Starburst Presto and Presto are available in beta for new and existing customers today, and also available for testing through Immuta’s 14-day free trial.
Immuta also unveiled new research that suggests the majority of data-driven organizations will adopt multiple cloud data platforms and utilize sensitive data for analytics, creating a large market need for centralized cloud data access governance. Data teams interested in learning more about Immuta’s research can download a free copy of Immuta’s Data Engineering Survey: 2021 Impact Report (n=140). Key findings include:
- 75% of data teams plan to adopt at least one cloud data platform in the next 12-24 months, with 52% planning to adopt two or more platforms.
- 75% of respondents indicate “sensitive data” is currently collected and have plans to use it for analytics.
- Data Masking and Auditing Data Use were deemed “most challenging” among seven steps in using cloud platforms for analytics.
“Based on our recent research, we’re seeing a ‘perfect storm’ for modern data access governance, fueled by the rapid shift to the cloud and the need to analyze sensitive data,” said Steve Touw, Immuta’s Chief Technology Officer. “Our findings point to the emergence of cloud data ecosystems composed of multiple cloud data platforms, which will require a new data engineering toolset to automate and scale cloud data access without compromising security and privacy protection. With today’s release, we’re directly addressing these needs by supporting more of the most popular cloud data and analytics platforms, natively, and providing a single pane of glass to manage the data access lifecycle.”
“Our platform brings together massive amounts of sensitive data to help analysts track the spread of COVID-19 and help shape public policy and health response,” said Ryan Naughton, Co-ED of The Center for New Data. “Due to the incredibly sensitive nature of our data, we needed a robust, cross-cloud access and control solution that governs data not just at the table level, but at the row-, column-, and cell-level for different classes of users. Immuta allows us to leverage and share more of our data with more users in a way that preserves privacy and ensures compliance with regulations and contractual data rights.”
Key features and benefits of Immuta’s latest release include:
- Native Integration for Starburst: Similar to previous native integrations with leading cloud data platforms, Immuta now natively supports Starburst Presto. Starburst customers can now use Immuta to deliver consistent data access governance, including diverse underlying technologies such as MongoDB, Cassandra, Elastic, Redis, and Kafka.
- Native Integration for Presto: In addition to Starburst, Immuta now supports Presto, enabling fine-grained (column-, row-, and cell-level) access controls transparently to users with the ability to leverage Immuta as an active data catalog of Presto data sources and automatically enforce policies without having to develop custom functions or move data.
- Extension of Privacy Starter Policies to Native Cloud Integrations: With its intuitive policy builder, Immuta pioneered pre-built Starter Policies for data access control and compliance with common privacy regulations such as the CCPA and HIPAA Safe Harbor. These Starter Policies eliminate the time-intensive, manual steps of discovering privacy-compliant data, applying proper de-identification techniques, and proving compliance using acknowledgement workflows. With today’s release, Immuta Starter Policies are now available across all native cloud integrations.
- Learn more about Immuta’s recent native cloud data platform integrations with Starburst, Databricks, Snowflake, and Presto.
- Learn more about Immuta’s partnerships with Databricks and Snowflake.
- For more information about Immuta, visit www.immuta.com.
- Join the Immuta conversation on LinkedIn and Twitter.
Immuta was founded in 2015 based on a mission within the U.S. Intelligence Community to accelerate self-service access to and control of sensitive data. The Immuta Automated Data Governance platform today powers compliant BI, analytics and data science for the world’s most data-driven organizations. Data engineering and DataOps teams rely on Immuta to deliver governed data to more users, faster, by dynamically adapting data views for each user based on intelligent data policies and Privacy Enhancing Technologies (PETs). Immuta’s automated, scalable, cloud-native approach makes it easy to catalog data, build security and governance policies, foster self-service access and collaboration, and audit data use. Selected by Fast Company as one of the World’s 50 Most Innovative Companies, Immuta is headquartered in Boston, MA with offices in College Park, MD and Columbus, OH. Learn more at www.immuta.com.
fama PR for Immuta