COLLEGE PARK, MD–(BUSINESS WIRE)–Immuta today unveiled its advanced data management platform for data science, providing new features that accelerate the creation, deployment and control of machine learning and artificial intelligence (AI). With this release, Immuta is the first company to deliver personalized data access and automated differential privacy for data science, providing enterprises with unprecedented control and visibility into the data driving algorithmic decision making – shrinking manual, month-long processes down to seconds.
According to IDC, the widespread adoption of cognitive systems and AI across a broad range of industries will drive worldwide revenues from nearly $8 billion in 2016 to more than $47 billion in 2020. Businesses are increasingly relying on these algorithms for decision making, rendering organizations more susceptible to risks, such as bias, error, fraud and more. To both accelerate the development towards algorithm-centric business models, as well as understand how decisions are being made, organizations require greater control over the data being used by machine learning and AI models.
“As organizations rely more heavily on algorithms to make critical business decisions, they will be required to demonstrate exactly how and why these decisions are being made, especially when it’s concerning important consumer choices, like credit, loans, healthcare and more,” said Matthew Carroll, CEO, Immuta. “The key to explaining decisions made by machine learning and AI models starts by gaining a deeper understanding of the underlying data being used by the systems. Our new platform provides organizations with greater control over the data being fed into the algorithms, allowing them to deploy AI and machine learning faster and with greater visibility.”
Faster Data Connection and Control of Data for Machine Learning
The Immuta platform frees data science teams to work with all of an organization’s data, without being hamstrung by complex security regulations or information governance policies. The platform provides quick access to data, dynamic policy enforcement applied to all data and an understanding of the risks associated with the use of the data via rich audit and reporting functionality.
The Immuta platform delivers powerful new features that improve the control and auditability of data used in algorithms, including:
- Differential Privacy for Data Scientists: Popularized by Apple, Uber and Google, differential privacy allows organizations to extract maximum value from large data sets, while mathematically guaranteeing the privacy of the personally identifiable information (PII) found within the data sets. The Immuta platform is the industry’s first solution to apply differential privacy to any database in an organization on the fly – giving data scientists access to completely anonymized data, while ensuring compliance with strict data regulations, including the GDPR.
- Personalized Data Access: Immuta accelerates the development of machine learning and AI algorithms by providing data scientists with rapid, personalized access to data based on their roles, corporate policies and industry regulations. This enables data scientists to use data quickly and confidently, knowing that all internal and external rules are automatically applied – ensuring compliance with the most restrictive regulations.
- Purpose-Based Data Restrictions: Immuta dynamically enforces data access and policy restrictions based on the data scientist’s needs in real-time, including purpose-based restrictions. By limiting how data is used across the enterprise, organizations can comply with the most restrictive policies in the world like GDPR, while also gaining full visibility into how and why their data is being used. Immuta is the only data management platform to provide purpose-based access to data.
- Policy Building in Plain English: Immuta simplifies the construction and enforcement of complex data-use policies, providing visibility and understanding of data policies through easily readable rules in plain English. This gives compliance teams the ability to control data without having to write code. The platform dynamically enforces rules across the enterprise based on the user and policy logic. The new policy builder enables organizations to quickly deploy expansive data rules, spanning advanced masking techniques, such as k-anonymization, to differential privacy and dynamic row-based security.
- Fast Reporting and Auditing: All activities are captured in the Immuta logs, including access requests, approvals, reads, SQL statements, and joining projects. These rich audit logs can be used for insider threat forensics, to understand data usage and value, and data usage pricing. Immuta’s audit logs are consistent and easy to analyze across heterogeneous database technologies – all instantly available to ship to your enterprise auditing capability through Logstash.
“To succeed in the data-driven economy, organizations need to reduce the time it takes to get up and running with new machine learning projects by providing data science teams with trusted access to the appropriate data,” said Matt Aslett, Research Director for the Data Platforms and Analytics at 451 Research. “Immuta’s virtual data access and management layer for data science is designed to give enterprises control over the data used to fuel their analytic initiatives.”
The Immuta data management platform is available immediately. For more information, please visit www.immuta.com
Immuta is the fastest way for algorithm-driven enterprises to accelerate the development and control of machine learning and advanced analytics. The company’s hyperscale data management platform provides data scientists with rapid, personalized data access to dramatically improve the creation, deployment and auditability of machine learning and AI. Founded in 2014, Immuta is headquartered in College Park, Maryland. For more information, visit www.immuta.com and follow us on Twitter (https://twitter.com/ImmutaData) and LinkedIn (https://www.linkedin.com/company/10043125/).
Brian Merrill, 617-986-5005